4-16.2 Cradle Assembly Repair, Model 214-706-104-101 (AVIM)- Continued
C. ASSEMBLE CRADLE ASSEMBLY
Assemble cradle assembly as follows:
The axle arms must point in the same direction before Installing attaching hardware in
1. Install axle (2) and axle (3) as follows:
a. Install axle (3) by sliding into cradle (1).
b. Install sleeve spacer (5) by sliding onto axle (3).
c. Install axle (2) by sliding into axle (3).
d. Ensure that axle arms point in the same direction
e. Align bolt holes and ream holes, in the side without the spacer, to 0.378 to 0.384 inches, if necessary.
f. Insert bolt (37) through holes in axle (3) and axle (2).
g. Install washers (7) and nut (36) on bolts (37); tighten.
h. Align bolt holes in axles (3), axle (2), and sleeve spacer (5) Ream holes to 0.316 to 0 322 inches, if
i. Insert bolt (6) through holes in sleeve spacer (5), axle (3) and axle (2).
j. Install washers (35) and nut (8) on bolt (6); tighten.
Trunnion may or may not have a one ram already Installed.
2. Install trunnion (9) by sliding into cradle (1).
If no ram is installed in trunnion, perform the following step on both rams.
3. Install a hydraulic ram assembly in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 316.5.
4. Install hydraulic pump assembly in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 316.4.
5. Install both wheel assemblies in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 3-16.6.
END OF TASK