4-16.2 Cradle Assembly Repair, Model 214-706-104-101 (AVIM) - Continued
B. DISASSEMBLE CRADLE ASSEMBLY
Cradle disassembly requires removal of the wheels, hydraulic pump, hoses, and rams. The
required removal procedures are referenced to appropriate paragraphs.
Disassemble cradle assembly as follows:
1. Prepare Ground Handling Wheels Assembly for cradle disassembly.
a. Remove all hydraulic pressure from the hydraulic system by rotating the hydraulic pump control handle
b. It is not necessary to drain the hydraulic reservoir.
2. Remove both wheel assemblies in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 316.6.
3. Remove two hydraulic hoses from tee fitting and hydraulic ram assemblies, drain hydraulic fluid into drip pan or
4. Remove hydraulic pump assembly in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 3-16.4.
5. Remove hydraulic ram assemblies in accordance with procedure in Chapter 3, Section V, paragraph 3-16.5.
6. Remove trunnion (9) from cradle (1), with one ram still installed on trunnion, by sliding from cradle
7. Remove axle (2) and axle (3) as follows:
a. Remove axle nuts (8), washers (35), and bolts (6) from sleeve spacer (5).
b. Remove axle nuts (36), washers (7), and bolts (37) from axle (3).
c. Remove axle (2) and sleeve spacer (5) by sliding from axle (3).
d. Remove axle (3) by sliding from cradle (1).
e. Discard damaged axle (2) or sleeve spacer (5) and replace with new axle or sleeve spacer.
f. Discard damaged axle (3) and replace with new axle.
GO TO NEXT PAGE