g. Rig Shackle Assembly (Figures 1 and 4, and Table 3)
During shackle assembly rigging and subsequent recovery
flight all light weight slings and tie-downs attached to the
main rotor blades are to be attached to the clevis part of
the shackle assembly, while the heavy weight black/white
sling is on the shackle assemblies sling spacer
(1) Remove quick-release pin, clevis pin and sling spacer from shackle assembly clevis. (6, Figure 1 and
(2) Install both sling eyes from the forward red/white safety slings onto the clevis part of the shackle
(3) Install the two sling eyes from the yellow/white sling that is attached to the lifting clevis on the
damaged helicopter main rotor onto the clevis part of the shackle assembly.
(4) Install both sling eyes from aft red/white safety slings onto clevis part of the shackle assembly.
(5) Place the midpoint of the adjustable length tie-down sling attached to the topside of the blade sleeves
through the clevis part of the shackle assembly.
Figure 4. Rigging Shackle Assembly