4. COMPONENTS REQUIRED
Components of UMARK utilized during the one-hook, long-line recovery are listed in Table 2. Common equipment
used by the ground rigging crew, such as shockproof gloves, goggles, radios, etc., are not included in UMARK.
No additional tools are required for UMARK assembly or rigging of the helicopters.
Table 2. UMARK Components Required
Black/White 30 Ft Heavy Weight Sling
Adjustable Length Tie-Down
Black/White 30 Ft Heavy Weight Sling with Bridle
Fixed Length Tie-Down (With Snap)
Red/White 208 inches (17.33 Ft) Light Weight Sling
Fixed Length Tie-Down (Without Snap)
Yellow/White 153 Inches (12.75 Ft) Light Weight
Blade Sleeve Assemblies
Lifting Clevis Assembly
Blade Pole Assembly
Sling Link Assembly
Cargo Hook Thimble
AH-1 Mast Wedge Assembly
5. DAMAGED HELICOPTER RIGGING (Figures 1, 2 and 3, and Table 3)
Figure 1 details the damaged and recovery helicopter
rigging. Reference numbers in the following text that are
outlined in parentheses [i.e., (1), (2), etc.] refer to Figure 1,
View A and Table 3 item numbers. Refer to Figure 1, View
A and Table 3 for configuration guidance.
a. Rotate the main rotor assembly to standard tie-down position. (Figure 1, View A)
b. Install the lifting clevis assembly (1), View A onto the AH-1 lifting lug (View B) as follows:
The lifting clevis assembly (View B) is attached to the AH-1
lifting lug that is located on the main rotor mast, above the
plane of the main rotor blades. The lifting clevis assembly
will then be attached to slings allowing the AH-1 to be lifted
by the recovery helicopter.
(1) Remove the quick-release pin from the locking pin, and then remove the locking pin from the lifting
(2) Place the lifting clevis assembly onto the AH-1 lifting lug so that the recess in the pivot block covers
the AH-1 lifting lug.
(3) Align the holes between the lifting clevis assembly pivot block and the AH-1 lifting lug.
(4) Install the locking pin through the pivot block and the lifting lug, and install the quick-release pin into
the locking pin.