(4) Take one sling eye from each of the yellow/white slings (7) through (10) and snap a single sling eye
from each onto one of the four sling lugs located at the end of the crossbar assembly.
Slowly remove hand used to balance crossbar
assembly on top of MMS, ensuring that the
green/white slings and yellow/white slings will keep
the crossbar assembly positioned on top of the MMS.
(5) Carefully lay free sling eye from each of the yellow/white slings (7) through (10) onto the helicopter for
easy access during shackle assembly hook-up in step g. of this Paragraph.
Rig and install blade sleeve assemblies as follows: (Figure 4)
Blade sleeve assemblies are attached to each main rotor
blade. An adjustable length tie-down is attached between
the sleeve assemblys top D-rings and attached to the
shackle assembly during the recovery hook-up procedure.
A fixed length tie-down is attached to the bottom D-ring of
each blade sleeve assembly and secured to an appropriate
airframe hard point to secure the main rotor blades during
the recovery flight.
(1) Orient blade sleeve assembly (Figure 4, View A) so that the markings saying TOP on both the blade
sleeve bag and straps are facing down.
(2) Fold both left and right edges of the blade sleeve bag inward until the matching loop/hook closures
(3) Assemble blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(4) Open bag pocket number one on the blade sleeve bag (View A) by separating the loop/hook
(5) With one hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags left side blade sleeve tab and left side blue lifting tab.
(6) With other hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags right side blade sleeve tab and right side blue lifting
(7) Rotate the blade sleeve assembly so that the TOP markings are now facing up.
(8) Orient blade sleeve open bag pocket so that it is facing away from the user holding the lifting tabs.
(9) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs from the bag and strap that are held in the left hand onto
Position 1 of the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(10) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs being held in the right hand onto Position 2 of the blade
(11) Place the remaining blue colored lifting tab on the lower edge of the blade sleeve assembly strap
onto Position 3 of the blade sleeve pole.