When installing mast wedge assembly it may be necessary
to slightly rock blades using fixed length tie-downs attached
to blade sleeve assemblies to place wedge assembly in
(2) Carefully slide the tube up into the gap between the main rotor hub and the main rotor mast.
(3) Verify that stops on the main rotor hub fully contact mast wedge assembly and not main rotor mast.
(4) Loop lanyard attached to mast wedge assembly around main rotor hub and secure snap back onto
lanyard. Lanyard is designed to prevent mast wedge assembly from sliding down and exposing main
Rig and install blade sleeve assemblies as follows: (Figure 3)
Blade sleeve assemblies are attached to each main rotor
blade. An adjustable length tie-down is attached between
the sleeve assemblies top D-rings and attached to the
shackle assembly during the recovery hook-up procedure.
A fixed length tie-down is attached to the bottom D-ring of
each blade sleeve assembly and secured to an appropriate
airframe hard point to secure the main rotor blades during
the recovery flight.
(1) Orient the blade sleeve assembly (View A) so that the markings saying TOP on both the blade sleeve
bag and straps are facing down.
(2) Fold both left and right edges of the blade sleeve bag inward until the matching loop/hook closures
(3) Assemble the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(4) Open bag pocket number one on the blade sleeve bag (View A) by separating the loop/hook closures.
(5) With one hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags left side blade sleeve tab and left side blue lifting tab.
(6) With other hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags right side blade sleeve tab and right side blue lifting
(7) Rotate the blade sleeve assembly so that the BOTTOM markings are now fa cing up.
(8) Orient the blade sleeve open bag pocket so that it is facing away from the operator holding the lifting
(9) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs from the bag and strap that are held in the left hand onto
Position 1 of the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(10) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs being held in the right hand onto Position 2 of the blade
(11) Place the remaining blue colored lifting tab on the lower edge of the blade sleeve assembly strap
onto Position 3 of the blade sleeve pole.