2-7. ELECTRICAL BONDING SURFACE PREPARATION (cont)
Toxic, irritating, caustic. Can cause eye
Dont: Let it get on your skin.
Do: Use in well-ventilated area. Close
containers when not using. Wear acid-type
safety goggles, rubber gloves, and rubber
If it contacts skin or eyes, wash affected
areas with running water. Get medical help
4. Apply chemical film to sanded area.
5. Let surface air dry for 5 minutes.
6. Lightly wipe surface with a cheese-cloth pad
and water. If the surface shows streaks,
continue wiping until streaks are gone.
7. Let surface air dry.
8. Proceed with maintenance task and install
grounding strap assembly. Ensure that all
mounting hardware is tight.
9. Perform electrical test. With multimeter set on
lowest resistance scale, make a continuity
measurement from grounding strap assembly
to the structure. Verify resistance is less the
END OF TASK