4-3. TADS TURRET ASSEMBLY REPAIR (cont)
Use care not to damage the seal when
installing night sensor shroud support
assembly; a crushing sound will indicate the
seal is bending.
p. Install night sensor shroud support
assembly (2) as follows:
(1) Apply corrosion inhibitive sealing and
coating compound to two screws (27
and 36) (para 2-6). Use class 1A
(2) Line up night sensor shroud support
assembly (2) with top dowel pin (41) on
inner gimbal assembly mounting flange
(3) Aline marks (34) made on elevation
spur gear (35) and elevation drive gear
(5) in j above and engage gear teeth.
(4) Slowly rotate night sensor shroud
support assembly (2) approximately
1/16 inch clockwise while pushing it in
to fully engage the gears. Ensure gears
are fully meshed and marks on gears
(33) are alined.