TM 55-1680-320-23 & P
3-7. OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE CHECK (cont)
Repeat steps b through f using the control pendant CABLE UP/DOWN switch. Using the pendant speed control
lever, ensure cable speed can be varied during the reeling out operation (from 0-250 feet per minute).
Place control panel HIGH/LOW SPEED switch to LOW and repeat steps b through g.
Upon completion of tests, reel cable all the way in.
Using control pendant BOOM IN/OUT switch, rotate the
swinging boom in to stowed position.
Open rescue hoist CONT and POWER circuit breakers on pilot overhead console. Disconnect power source from
2. Systems Test.
a. Cable Cutter.
(1) Connect a 28 volt dc light to cable cutter connector at boom head.
(2) Operate CABLE CUT switch at operators and pilots positions and verify that the light comes on.
b. Cooling Fan.
(1) Apply 28 vdc across pins A and B of connector J1.
(2) Audibly check cooling fan motor for operation. The fan shall produce a high-pitched whine.
c. Boom Over-Torque Limit Switches.
(1) Check for continuity between pins C and D of connector J5 for the counterclockwise limit switch.
(2) Check for continuity between pins D and E of connector J5 for the clockwise limit switch.
d. Boom Motor Assembly.
(1) Ensure reaction plate and aircraft position switch are positioned properly.
(2) Check for continuity between pins K and M of connector J5.
(3) Check for continuity between pins L and M of connector J5.
e. Lower Limit Switch (205 Degree Rotation).
Rotate boom to clockwise position.
Check for continuity between pins A and G of connector J5 for the
counterclockwise limit switch.
Rotate boom to counterclockwise position.
Check for continuity between pins B and F of connector J5 for
the clockwise limit switch.
GO TO NEXT PAGE