TM 55-1680-320-23 & P
2-63. DRUM ASSEMBLY - INSPECT
This task covers: Removal, Inspection and Installation
67N, UH1 Helicopter Repairer
Hoist installed in assembly stand
67T, UH60 Helicopter Repairer
Level wind shoe removed
Equipment Condition Para:
Tools and Test Equipment:
1. Inspect drum assembly for nicks, cracks, scratches and dents (refer to Task 2-11).
2. Inspect for corrosion (refer to Task 2-11).
3. Inspect drum grooves for distortion and adnormalities. Check for burrs, pitting and uneven wear.
4. Inspect level wind shoe mounting hole for wear and damage. Ensure shoe seats fits tightly.
5. Inspect cable kicker for loose and worn rivets. Check for wear.
Install level wind shoe
END OF TASK