TM 55-1680-320-23 & P
ELECTRIC MOTOR - INSPECT
This task covers: Inspection
67N, UH1 Helicopter Repairer
Hoist installed in helicopter or assembly stand.
67T, UH60 Helicopter Repairer
Electric motor removed.
Equipment Condition para:
Tools and Test Equipment:
1. Inspect electric motor for nicks, cracks, scratches and dents (refer to Task 2-11).
2. Inspect for corrosion (refer to Task 2-11).
3. Inspect electrical wiring for frayed and broken insulation. Check for cuts and tears.
4. Inspect electrical connector for bent, broken and missing pins.
5. Inspect for evidence of overheating and shorting.
6. Inspect spline for nicks, burrs, galling, pitting and uneven wear. Check for chipped and cracked spline teeth.
7. Inspect identification plate for legibility and security of attachment.
Replace electric motor
END OF TASK