Tools and Special Tools
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0157, Item 24)
91B, Light Wheel Vehicle Mechanic
Vehicle placed on lift
Internal Engine Preservative (WP 0156, Item 26)
Engine not running, ignition switch in OFF position
If you need to keep your machine idle for more than 30 days, or you are putting it into indeinite storage, irst
prepare it according to the following procedures:
The following steps will help minimize corrosion and deterioration while your machine is
PREPARATION FOR STORAGE
Storage 30-90 Days
1. Perform any necessary repairs.
2. Clean machine carefully. Wash off mud and dirt. Wipe off excess oil and grease. Remove debris from
radiator cooling ins.
3. Select a dry and protected storage location. Position machine so as to permit access to all components.
4. Start engine and run it until it reaches operating temperature. Shut off engine. Drain crankcase, change oil
ilter, and reill crankcase with recommended oil.
5. Disconnect battery (WP 0111). Put battery into safe storage (WP 0110) in a fully charged condition. Protect
battery terminals against corrosion using a spray of external engine preservative or petrolatum jelly.
6. Seal all engine openings.
7. Apply a thin coat of grease to exposed machined but unpainted metal surfaces.
8. Reinish any scratched or scuffed paint surfaces.
9. If the machine must be stored outdoors, cover with a heavy canvas or waterproof material. Secure cover with
a strong waterproof tape so it will not blow away.
Storage 90 Days or Longer
The recommendations below are designed to prevent damage to the engine when it is
withdrawn from service for a prolonged period. Perform in addition to 30-90 day procedure.
Clean engine breather pipe and seal end of pipe.