BRAKE FRICTION PLATES (FRONT AXLE) - (CONTINUED)
There are three counter plates and two friction plates. If plates are to be reused note position
and reinstall in same order.
10. Inspect friction plates for wear (Figure 2). If the grid pattern is no longer visible they need to be replaced.
END OF TASK
The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required when using or handling hazardous
materials associated with operating and maintaining equipment (jet fuel, hydraulic luid, brake
luid, ethylene glycol, cleaning solvents, compressed air, and engine/axle oil). Failure to use
PPE when handling these materials could result in injury or death.
Lubricate o-ring and brake friction plates with Mobil 424 before installation. Ensure o-ring
seats squarely in the groove.
Install 3 counter plates (Figure 1, Item 9) and 2 friction plates (Figure 1, Item 14).
Install brake pressure plate (Figure 1, Item 4), insure that chamfer on pressure plate is installed toward
3. Install snap ring (Figure 1, Item 5) into housing.
4. Apply slight brake pedal pressure and observe the piston activating and retracting.
5. Install new o-ring (Figure 1, Item 3) onto housing mount plate (Figure 1, Item 2).
6. Position hub housing (Figure 1, Item 7) onto housing mount plate (Figure 1, Item 2). Rotate as necessary
to ensure gear teeth engage.
7. Ensure tapped holes between the hub housing and housing plate line up.
8. Apply loctite 242 to the threads of housing mount bolts (Figure 1, Item 1).
9. Install housing mount bolts (Figure 1, Item 1) (one shown) and torque to 42 ft-lbs.
Brakes must be bled (WP 0084) if brake caliper is removed from housing or leaks during the
friction plate installation process.
Perform Maintenance Operation Check.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE