COOLING SYSTEM SERVICE - (CONTINUED)
Install black heater hose to thermostat and secure with hose clamp.
Apply anti-seize tape to drain plug (Figure 2, Item 3) threads.
Install engine drain plug (Figure 2, Item 3).
Flush radiator (Figure 2, Item 2) with water if necessary.
Close radiator drain petcock (Figure 2, Item 4).
Dispose of contaminated coolant and clean drip pan and area.
END OF TASK
REFILLING THE ENGINE/RADIATOR
The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required when using or handling hazardous
materials associated with operating and maintaining equipment (jet fuel, hydraulic luid, brake
luid, ethylene glycol, cleaning solvents, compressed air, and engine/axle oil). Failure to use
PPE when handling these materials could result in injury or death.
Reill radiator with a 50/50 mixture of coolant and water.
Slowly ill radiator (Figure 2, Item 2) until coolant just covers the core.
Start engine (WP 0005) and once engine reaches operating temperature, turn heater on high heat and
observe coolant level in radiator until it drops.
4. Slowly ill radiator again (Figure 2, Item 2) until coolant just covers the core.
5. Repeat Steps 24 until radiator level is stable (covering the core).
7. Install radiator cap (Figure 2, Item 1).
8. Check level of overlow bottle this work package and service as necessary.
9. Perform inal Maintenance Operation Check.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE