TRANSMISSION SERVICE - (CONTINUED)
Remove dipstick (Figure 1, Item 1).
Place a 5-gallon drip pan under the transmission drain plug (Figure 1, Item 6).
Remove drain plug (Figure 1, Item 6) and allow all luid to drain into pan. Clean plug.
Coat plug threads with thread sealant and install drain plug (Figure 1, Item 6) with washer seal.
Move drip pan under strainer assembly (Figure 1, Item 3).
Remove two mount bolts (Figure 1, Item 4) (one not shown) and carefully remove strainer and allow luid to
8. Clean strainer and bolts in solvent (PPE required).
9. Install strainer assembly (Figure 1, Item 3) with new gasket (Figure 1, Item 2).
10. Apply Loctite 262 or equivalent to mount bolt threads (Figure 1, Item 4) and torque bolts to 7.5 ft-lbs.
CHANGING TRANSMISSION FILTER
1. Move drip pan under transmission ilter cartridge.
2. Using ilter wrench, remove ilter (Figure 1, Item 5) from transmission housing.
3. Drain ilter into drip pan and dispose of old cartridge.
4. Clean transmission ilter (Figure 1, Item 5) seal mating surface on transmission housing.
5. Lubricate new ilter seal (Figure 1, Item 7) with clean transmission luid.
6. Install new ilter on transmission until seal contacts mating surface and hand tighten and additional 3/4 of a turn.
7. Dispose of old transmission luid and clean all work areas.
SERVICING (FILLING) TRANSMISSION
Do not over service transmission. Perform these luid ill procedures as described or damage to
the transmission may occur due to over servicing or under servicing the vehicle transmission.
Place funnel in the transmission dipstick tube.
Insert dipstick into transmission iller tube; remove dipstick checking ill level at various intervals
of illing transmission to prevent over servicing.
Fill transmission to the maximum mark on the dipstick (Figure 1, Item 1) (approximately 3 gallons).
Start engine and idle for 1 minute.
Shut down engine.
Again, ill transmission to the maximum mark on the dipstick (Figure 1, Item 1).
Restart engine and idle for 5 minutes. Shut down vehicle.
Recheck level and add luid as necessary until luid level is at the maximum mark on the dipstick.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE