(13) Pass the snap hook from one end of the adjustable length tie-down sling through the D-ring on the
blade sleeve assembly straps marked TOP and secure snap hook to loop position 3 on the
adjustable length tie-down. (View C)
(14) Connect the snap hook from the fixed length tie-down sling to the D-ring on the blade sleeve
assembly straps marked BOTTOM.
(15) The blade sleeve assembly is now ready for installation onto the rotor blade.
(16) Lift up the blade sleeve assembly with the blade sleeve pole and slide the open blade sleeve
assembly bag pocket over the forward pointing rotor blade, while a second person leads the
adjustable length tie-down and fixed length tie-down along the rotor blade.
To prevent possible damage to the main rotor system
assembly fixed length tie-downs must be secured with
approximately 18 inches of slack in the lines.
Excellent tie-down points for the fixed length tie-downs are
at the main landing gear trailing arm-mooring ring and at
the wing tip lugs.
(17) Leaving approximately 18 inches of slack, secure fixed-length tie-down to the areas of the airframe
defined by Table 5.
(18) Using the unattached end of the adjustable length tie-down already installed repeat steps (1) through
(17) for the opposite facing rotor.
(19) Carefully orient the middle of the adjustable length tie-down sling near the main rotor mast for easy
access during the shackle assembly hook-up in step f. of this Paragraph.
(20) Repeat steps (1) through (19) above for the other set of rotor blades.
Rig Shackle Assembly (Figures 1 and 3)
During shackle assembly rigging and subsequent recovery
flight all light weight slings and tie-downs attached to the
main rotor blades are to be attached to the clevis part of
the shackle assembly, while the heavy weight black-white
sling is on the shackle assemblies sling spacer.
(1) Remove quick-release pin, clevis pin and sling spacer from the clevis of shackle assembly. (5, Figure
1 and Figure 3)
(2) Install one sling eye from green/white sling attached to the 2 oclock position blade retention
assembly onto the clevis part of the shackle assembly.