(1) Orient the blade sleeve assembly (View A) so that the markings saying TOP on both the blade sleeve
bag and straps are facing down.
(2) Fold both left and right edges of the blade sleeve bag inward until the matching loop/hook closures
(3) Assemble the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(4) Open bag pocket number two on the blade sleeve bag (View A) by separating the loop/hook
(5) With one hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags left side blade sleeve tab and left side blue lifting tab.
(6) With other hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags right side blade sleeve tab and right side blue lifting
(7) Rotate the blade sleeve assembly so that the TOP markings are now facing up.
(8) Orient blade sleeve open bag pocket so that it is facing away from the user holding the lifting tabs.
(9) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs from the bag and strap that are held in the left hand onto
Position 1 of the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(10) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs being held in the right hand onto Position 2 of the blade
(11) Place the remaining blue colored lifting tab on the lower edge of the blade sleeve assembly strap
onto Position 3 of the blade sleeve pole.
(12) Verify that the appropriate blade sleeve assembly bag pocket is still open, and all the other bag
pockets are still closed.
(13) Connect the snap hook from the fixed length tie-down sling to the D-ring on the blade sleeve
assembly straps marked BOTTOM.
(14) The blade sleeve assembly is now ready for installation onto the rotor blade.
(15) Lift up the blade sleeve assembly with the blade sleeve pole and slide the open blade sleeve
assembly bag pocket over the forward pointing rotor blade, while a second person leads the fixed
length tie-down along the rotor blade.
To prevent possible damage to the main rotor system
assembly fixed length tie-downs must be secured with
approximately 18 inches of slack in the lines.
(16) Leaving approximately 18 inches of slack, secure the fixed-length tie-down to the appropriate area of
(17) Repeat steps (1) through (16) for the opposite facing rotor.