d. Rig and install blade sleeve assemblies as follows: (Figure 2)
Blade sleeve assemblies are attached to each main rotor
blade. A fixed length tie-down is attached to the bottom D-
ring of each blade sleeve assembly and secured to an
appropriate airframe hard point to secure the main rotor
blades during the recovery flight.
(1) Orient blade sleeve assembly (Figure 2, View A) so that the markings saying TOP on both the blade
sleeve bag and straps are facing down.
(2) Assemble blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(3) Open bag pocket number two on the blade sleeve bag (View A) by separating the loop/hook
(4) With one hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags left side blade sleeve tab and left side blue lifting tab.
(5) With other hand, take hold of blade sleeve bags right side blade sleeve tab and right side blue lifting
(6) Rotate the blade sleeve assembly so that the TOP markings are now facing up.
(7) Orient the blade sleeve open bag pocket so that it is facing away from the user holding the lifting
(8) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs from the bag and strap that are held in the left hand onto
Position 1 of the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(9) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs being held in the right hand onto Position 2 of the blade
(10) Place the remaining blue colored lifting tab on the lower edge of the blade sleeve assembly strap
onto Position 3 of the blade sleeve pole.
(11) Verify that appropriate blade sleeve assembly bag pocket is still open, and all other bag pockets are
(12) Connect the snap hook from the fixed length tie-down sling to the D-ring on the blade sleeve
assembly straps marked BOTTOM.
(13) The blade sleeve assembly is now ready for installation onto the rotor blade.