(8) Orient the blade sleeve open bag pocket so that it is facing away from the user holding the lifting
(9) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs from the bag and strap that are held in the left hand onto
Position 1 of the blade sleeve pole. (View B)
(10) Place the blade sleeve assembly lifting tabs being held in the right hand onto Position 2 of the blade
(11) Place the remaining blue colored lifting tab on the lower edge of the blade sleeve assembly strap
onto Position 3 of the blade sleeve pole.
(12) Verify that appropriate blade sleeve assembly bag pocket is still open, and all other bag pockets are
(13) Connect the snap hook from one end of the adjustable length tie-down sling to the D-ring on the
blade sleeve assembly straps marked TOP. (View C)
(14) Connect the snap hook from the fixed length tie-down sling to the D-ring on the blade sleeve
assembly straps marked BOTTOM.
(15) The blade sleeve assembly is now ready for installation onto the rotor blade.
(16) Lift up the blade sleeve assembly with the blade sleeve pole and slide the open blade sleeve
assembly bag pocket over the forward pointing rotor blade, while a second person leads the
adjustable length tie-down and fixed length tie-down along the rotor blade.
To prevent possible damage to the main rotor system
assembly fixed length tie-downs must be secured with
approximately 18 inches of slack in the lines.
Excellent tie-down points for the fixed length tie-
downs are at the main landing gear trailing arm-
mooring ring and at the wing tip lugs.
(17) Leaving approximately 18 inches of slack, secure fixed-length tie-down to the appropriate area of
(18) Using the unattached end of the adjustable length tie-down already installed repeat steps (1) through
(17) for the opposite facing rotor.
(19) Carefully orient the middle of the adjustable length tie-down sling near the main rotor mast for easy
access during the shackle assembly hook-up in step g. of this Paragraph.
(20) Repeat steps (1) through (19) above for the other set of rotor blades.