TM 1-1270-476-23P SECTION I
6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and
subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Part Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number and Part Number Index, find the pertinent national
stock number or part number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN)
sequence (see 4a (1)). The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (see 4b). Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item
number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one youre looking
for, then locate the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
Automatic Control Module
Charged Coupled Device
Fault Detection/Location System
Indirect View Display
Line Replaceable Unit
Motor Control Module
Modification Work Order