SECTION I TM 1-1270-476-23P
Z - Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of
maintenance shown in the third position of SMR code.
O - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at
organizational or aviation unit level.
F - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the
direct support or aviation intermediate level.
H - Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at general
D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and
disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L - Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity
A - Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g.,
precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to
appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The commercial and Government entity code is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the
PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer
(individual, company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and
characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specification standards, and
inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
NOTE: When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part
number from the part ordered.
DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column 5)). This column includes the
(1) The federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification is not applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial
numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).