(2) Install spiral wrap for the entire free length of both wire leads. Each wire is to be wrapped indi-
vidually. The spiral wrap will have a more snug fit on the coax wire lead.
(3) To allow for some flexibility and movement of the spiral wrap, assure that a small gap is pres-
ent between the wire connector and the end of the tubing.
Pictures depicting proper wire routing are located on the Utility Heli-
copter web site at URL www.uhpo.redstone.army.mil.
(4) Route wire leads (spiral wrap installed) through the loop created by the electrical tie--down
strap. P/N MS3367--1--9, (TM 55--1520--210--23P--2, figure 328, item 98) attaching the fuel quantity transmit-
ter to the upper mounting bracket. This will prevent excessive movement of the wire caused by sloshing fuel.
(5) Non--EFS only -- Re--attach electrical leads to connectors on access cover and reinstall ac-
(6) EFS only -- Reinstall access cover per instructions of paragraph 9.27, EFS Maintenance In-
struction UH--1 Helicopter. Make sure that electrical leads from the fuel quantity transmitter are reattached
to the connectors on the access cover. This step has been erroneously left out of paragraph 9.27 for installa-
tion of the access cover.
10. Supply/Parts and Disposition.
a. Parts Required. Items cited in paragraph 6 may be required to replace defective items.
b. Requisitioning Instructions. Requisition replacement parts using normal supply procedures. All
requisitions shall use project code (cc 57--59) "XFY" (X--RAY--FOXTROT--YANKEE).
Project code "XFY" is required to track and establish a data base of
stock fund expenditures incurred by the field as a result of ASAM/TB
c. Bulk and Consumable Materials.
The plastic spiral wrap tubing listed is fuel resistant. No substitutions
The part number of the plastic spiral wrap tubing requisitioned
through normal supply is different than the part number used by the
manufacturer. They are, however, the same item. The manufacturer
supplies the spiral wrap to another company, which in turn, sells it
under its own part number to the government.
NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER
Plastic Spiral Wrap Tubing
(1) Plastic spiral wrap tubing may be either requisitioned using normal supply procedures, or pur-
chased directly from the manufacturer. Current stock levels at DLA will not support the required quantity re-